Loss & Grief Counseling
Three Universals of Loss/Grief
- Loss is a Universal Experience – everyone everywhere loses someone or something loved at some point in life.
- Grief is a Universal Process – everyone who loses encounters the entire constellation of mental, emotional physical, spiritual and relational experiences associated with losing someone or something loved.
- Mourning or Healthy Grief Work is a Universal Responsibility – everyone who loses and experiences grief must find ways to create meaning through the process of mourning.
At McKinney Counseling Services we approach grief counseling from the position of working to serve as a Companion to you on your personal journey of grief.
- We understand that the experiences of grief and the work of mourning are unique to each individual; therefore, we honor that individuality and work to meet you where you are.
- Our goal in grief counseling is to provide appropriate support, guidance and information while you learn to mourn the death of your loved one.
- We work to support the ultimate outcome of Grief Reconciliation – the healthy Integration of your loss experience into the fabric of your life.
- We use the Integration Model of the Grief Process found in Awaken to Good Mourning, to assist you through your personal journey.